Caramel-Filled Chocolate CookiesFrom goddoesmiracles 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups flour Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose or unbleached flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 48 Rolo® Chewy caramels in milk chocolate, unwrapped (from 13-oz. pkg.) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 4 oz. vanilla-flavored candy coating, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well.
- 2. In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
- 3. Heat oven to 375°F. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely.
- 4. In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture. Place, nut side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 5. Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- 6. Melt candy coating in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth