Cranberry-carmelized Onion Cheese SpreadFrom raelene1951 6 years ago
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese shopping list
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, room temp shopping list
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese, room temp shopping list
- 2 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 medium sweet onions, quartered then thin sliced shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar + 2 tsp for onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cream cheese and blue cheese beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add cheddar and beat until well blended .
- Make one large ball or two small balls and refigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat oil in large skillet .
- Add onions cook and stir for 2-4 min or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium- low and stir in 1 tsp sugar.
- Cook for 10-12 min or until onions are soft and golden.
- Remove onions from skillet.
- Combine cranberries, water and sugar in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture thickens.
- Stir in vinegar and onions.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- To serve.... Bring cheese balls to room temperature.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over cheese and sprinkle with walnuts.
- I used butter crackers and spread it thick. It tastes soooo good.
The Cookraelene1951 Brighton, CO
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!