Basic Crepes And FillingsFrom chef_irish 8 years ago
How to make it
- Beat the eggs. Add the milk, cream, and salt.
- Place the flour in a medium bowl. Gradually add the liquid, beating to eliminate the lumps. If you add the liquid all at once, it will be harder to prevent the little lumps of flour.
- Add the melted butter and incorporate well.
- Let the mixture rest for at least 40 minutes in the refrigerator.
- When ready to prepare the crepes, heat a large frying pan or crepe pan over medium-high heat and lightly grease it with butter.
- Add approximately 1/3 cup of batter to the pan and quickly swirl the batter around so it coats the bottom. If there are any small holes, you can fill them in with a little extra batter.
- Cook for a few minutes, until the pancake no longer appears wet and it's light golden brown on the bottom. Carefully flip it over and brown it on the other side. Transfer the crepe to a plate.
- Crepe Fillings:
- Nutella is also a popular crepe filling for dessert crepes.
- Lemon Curd, Apricot Jam, Fresh Strawberries, Bananas and Chocolate Sauce, Cream Cheese Mixed with A Little Sugar and Homemade Whipped Cream!
- Just Experiment and Come Up with Your Own Great Combo...
- They Do Not Have to Be Sweet Filled Either... You Can Use Eggs, Vegetables, Cheese and Your Fav. Meats!!!