Roasted Red Pepper SpreadFrom jubal 8 years ago
- 2 red bell peppers, halved, stemmed, seeded & deveined 2 shopping list
- olive oil 1 tbsp shopping list
- cream cheese, softened 1/2 lb shopping list
- sour cream 1/4 cup shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped 1/2 shopping list
- worcestershire sauce 1/4 tsp shopping list
- 4 drops hot sauce 4 shopping list
- - pinch cayenne pepper - shopping list
- fresh chives, finely chopped 2 tbsp shopping list
How to make it
- Place peppers on baking sheet. Broil in preheated oven until skins are charred. Turn often. Transfer to small paper bag and fold to seal. Set aside to let peppers cool. When cooked, rub charred skin from peppers. Cut into a fine dice. Transfer to bowl.
- In a food processor; combine cream cheese, sour cream, onion, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Scrape mixture into bowl with peppers.,
- Add chives and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with raw vegetables or with crackers.
The Cookjubal FL
The Rating1 people
I love roasted red peppers and make them all the time when my garden is in full production during the summer.
Thank you for posting such a wonderful recipe.
Five forks and a great big smile :)
trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!