Scotch Eggs With Dijon SauceFrom barneswifemn 6 years ago
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 6 hard cooked eggs shopping list
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs, purchased or home made, plain or seasoned shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- On a sheet of waxed paper, divide sausage into 6 equal portions; wrap 1 portion around each egg.
- Roll each wrapped egg in bread crumbs.
- Beat egg with mustard and water; dip sausage-wrapped eggs in beaten egg mixture.
- Roll in bread crumbs again; place on a rack in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until browned, turning once during baking.
- Cut into halves lengthwise; serve hot with Dijon sauce or sauce of your choice.
- Dijon Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour; cook for about 1 minute, whisking constantly, until smooth and bubbling.
- Add seasonings, then add 1 cup of half-and-half a little at a time. Continue whisking until thickened; add more half-and-half until desired consistency is reached.
- Whisk in mustard; serve over Scotch eggs, vegetables, or fried fish.
- Makes 1 to 1 1/2 cups.
The Cookbarneswifemn Minneapolis, MN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!