Sweet Potato BiscuitsFrom cherylnail 4 years ago
How to make it
- Sift dry ingredients together into a large bowl
- Add the lard and work with fingertips until everybit of the flour is combined with the lard.
- Puree the sweet potato with just enough milk to make a smooth mixture,, not too liquid,, .
- Beat into the flour stirring vigorously
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface
- Knead well,, more than with regular biscuits , about 30 turns.
- Pat or roll out until 3/8" thick and cut into 2" rounds.
- Bake at 450 on an ungreased baking sheet for about 12- 15 min. or until tops and bottoms are browned.
- I serve with honey butter,, but butter is fine too!!