Pizza From ScratchFrom oz 8 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups of bread flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- I Tablespoon olive oil not EVOO shopping list
- 3/4 - 1 cup of warm water between 105 and 115 degrees shopping list
- 1 package of yeast. shopping list
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- The Cheat: shopping list
- !/2 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. I like Cento San Marzano pasta sauce. Its not too sweet or salty. You can opt to make your own but for a quick Pizza If I haven't made sauce I'll buy it already made. shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- 8 Oz of mozzarella cheese shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- sausage/Pepperoni/anchovie/meatball etc. shopping list
- Greased and floured 12 inch Pizza Pan shopping list
- Pizza Stone (Recommended) shopping list
How to make it
- Make the dough:
- In Mixer bowl or a large bowl combine Flour, Wheat Gluten and salt.
- Mix yeast, sugar and oil in water between 105-115 degrees and let sit 1 minute.
- Combine yeast/water and flour in bowl and mix until throughly combined.
- Knead on Low setting on Mixer for 5 minutes or by hand 10 minutes making sure that the dough ball is neither too sticky or too dry.
- Place dough ball in a 1 gallon ziploc bag with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- With the bag opened and folded over underneath, place in warm area with a towel on top for an hour.
- Deflate dough ball in bag and place in refrigerator the same way as before, without the towel, until your are ready to make the pizza. The dough will rise to more than twice its size.
- Pizza time:
- On countertop, sprinkle a little flour to make the surface ready to stretch the dough.
- Deflate the dough ball and stretch until its fits a greased and floured 12 inch Pizza Pan.
- Using a ladle or spoon, Spread sauce over pizza until covered within a inch of the pizza crust.
- Spread the cheese evenly and then sprinkle Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning over top.
- Put as many toppings as you want and put in a preheated oven at 500 degrees.
- Watch the pie and after 5-6 minutes transfer the Pie with a peel to Pizza Stone to finish cooking. If you don't have a Pizza stone go buy one but until you do make sure that your pizza doesn't burn.
- It should be ready in 15 minutes or so.
The Cookoz Freehold, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!