Sweet N Sour Crockpot ChickenFrom knoxcop 6 years ago
- 1 c. white sugar shopping list
- 1 c. vinegar shopping list
- 1 c. ketchup shopping list
- 2 T soy sauce shopping list
- 2 T worcestershire shopping list
- 1 beef or chicken bouillon cube shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic, or fresh to equal 1 clove shopping list
- 1 small can chunk pineapple shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 9 ingredients in medium saucepan over med-high heat.
- Stir to dissolve sugar & bouillon. Bring to boil.
- Let mixture boil for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken breast as you like. Some prefer chunks, some prefer tender-like slices.
- Place chicken and pineapple (undrained) into crockpot.
- Pour sauce over.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, on high no more than 4.
- Approximately 1 hour before serving, switch to high and add a tablespoon of cornstarch slurry to hot liquid to slightly thicken. You may want to add your fave veggies like green pepper & onion at this time. Allow to cook on high for one hour to achieve the "tender crunchy" texture we all like in our Chinese-style foods.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookknoxcop Knoxville, TN
The Rating4 people
WHAT A GOOD COMBINATION. GREAT POST. THANKSdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
This is gonna be good!!! ;9angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
You are making me hungry! Sounds easy and scrumptious! The sauce should be equally as good with some meatballs, I think. Bookmarked and 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!