Sweet N Sour Crockpot ChickenFrom knoxcop 7 years ago
- 1 c. white sugar shopping list
- 1 c. vinegar shopping list
- 1 c. ketchup shopping list
- 2 T soy sauce shopping list
- 2 T worcestershire shopping list
- 1 beef or chicken bouillon cube shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic, or fresh to equal 1 clove shopping list
- 1 small can chunk pineapple shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 9 ingredients in medium saucepan over med-high heat.
- Stir to dissolve sugar & bouillon. Bring to boil.
- Let mixture boil for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken breast as you like. Some prefer chunks, some prefer tender-like slices.
- Place chicken and pineapple (undrained) into crockpot.
- Pour sauce over.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, on high no more than 4.
- Approximately 1 hour before serving, switch to high and add a tablespoon of cornstarch slurry to hot liquid to slightly thicken. You may want to add your fave veggies like green pepper & onion at this time. Allow to cook on high for one hour to achieve the "tender crunchy" texture we all like in our Chinese-style foods.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookknoxcop Knoxville, TN
The Rating4 people
You are making me hungry! Sounds easy and scrumptious! The sauce should be equally as good with some meatballs, I think. Bookmarked and 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it
This is gonna be good!!! ;9angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
WHAT A GOOD COMBINATION. GREAT POST. THANKSdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!