Sweet And Sour ChickenFrom dianalee27 6 years ago
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 6 tbls cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cups of vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato catsup shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3 tbls cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbls water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 inch pieces on both) shopping list
- 1 can of chunk pineapple, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken with salt, egg and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Heat oil to 400 degrees or high heat in a wok pan. Drop the chicken in oil one piece at a time. Deep fry until crispy (about 3 minutes). Remove chicken pieces to drain on paper towels. Place on an oven proof platter and keep warm.
- To make sauce: Put catsup, vinegar, sugar and water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in dissolved cornstarch. Stir until thickened. Lower heat to medium. Add the onion, bell pepper and pineapple chunks. Cook one minute. Pour over the chicken pieces and serve with steamed or fried rice.