Stuffed Lamb MeatballsFrom cbartlett 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup finely ground fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems removed, leaves thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread crumbs and 1 cup of the milk in a small bowl. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the ground lamb, basil, oregano, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the bread crumb mixture and mix until well incorporated. Slowly mix in about 1/2 cup water, or enough to make the mixture smooth with a loose consistency. Divide into six equal balls, each weighing about 4 ounces. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chard and garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until chard is wilted and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the butter and stir until melted. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup milk and cook the mixture until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in the feta cheese.
- Using your finger, make a hole the size of a quarter in the middle of each meatball. Fill with one-sixth of the chard filling and then pinch the meat closed to seal tightly. Place meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatballs registers 165 degrees.