Pear Crunch PieFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1c flour shopping list
- 1/2c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2tsp nutmeg,divided shopping list
- 1/4tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2c plus 1Tbs.cold butter,divided shopping list
- 1/2c chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 cans(151/4oz) pear halves shopping list
- 1/4c sugar shopping list
- 2Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4tsp salt shopping list
- 1Tbs lemon juice shopping list
- 1tsp grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 unbaked (9") pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- In bowl,combine flour,brown sugar,1/4tsp nutmeg and sugar. Cut in butter till it resembles coarse crumbs;stir in nuts;set aside.
- Drain pears,reserve 1 cuo of juice. In a sauce pan combine the sugar,cornstarch,salt,remaining nutmeg and reserved juice till smooth. Bring to a boil;cook and stir 2 mins. or till thickened. Remove from the heat;stir in lemon juice and peel and remaining butter.
- Cut pears in half;arrange in pastry shell. Pour sauce over pears;sprinkle with reserved nut topping.
- Bake at 375 for 50 to 55 mins or till golden brown.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Sounds delicious, I love pear pies and this one sounds very interesting, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
I LOVE PEARS!THANKS FOR A GREAT RECIPE!HIGH 5!
CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
GREAT!towny in Town loved it