Turkey EnchiladasFrom juniprune 5 years ago
- 10 6-inch flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 16 oz. can tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 c. finely chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c. sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/4 c. snipped parsley or cilantro shopping list
- t tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey shopping list
- 1 3-ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly grease a low roasting pan
- Wrap stack of tortillas tightly in foil.
- Heat in a 350 deg. oven for 10 min.
- For the sauce, combine undrained tomatoes,
- tomato sauce, green pepper, onions, parlsley, chili powder, red pepper and cumin.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 min.
- For turkey mixture, combine half the sauce, turkey, cream cheese
- and half the shredded cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup turkey mixture onto each tortilla
- Roll and place seam side down in prepared pan.
- Bake, covered at 350 deg. for 20 minutes.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over tortills; sprinkle with remaining
- shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes more or until sauce is hot.
- Serve immediately.