Chocolate Cola CakeFrom janetk 8 years ago
- chocolate Cola cake shopping list
- 1 (18.25 oz) package devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 1 (3.9 oz) package chocolate instant pudding mix shopping list
- 4 Large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) bottle cola soft drink (1-1/4 cups) shopping list
- chocolate Cola frosting shopping list
- 1/2 Cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 Cup cola soft drink shopping list
- 3 Tbsp cocoa shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat first 4 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- 2. Gradually add cola. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour batter into greased and floured 9" x 13" pan.
- 4. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until toothpick, inserted in center, comes out clean. Cool in pan, on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter melts (Do not boil)
- 2. Remove from heat, stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Spread warm frosting over top of warm cake. Cool completely.