Three Cheese Stuffed Pork TenderloinFrom nuitblanche 7 years ago
- 1 - 1 lb. pork tenderloin shopping list
- 6 oz shropshire, stilton, or other strong bleu cheese shopping list
- 2 oz feta cheese shopping list
- 2 oz. fresh ground asiago cheese shopping list
- 3 tbsp. finely minced leek, white portion only shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp fine flour (such as Wondra) shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1/4 c. dry red wine shopping list
- Butcher's twine shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut silvery (tendon) portion and most of fat from tenderloin
- Fillet to flatten out, then cover with plastic wrap and pound til 3/8"thick (I picked that measurement just be to difficult! Just make it suitably flat to roll up jelly roll style)
- Crumble cheeses, and mix in a bowl with leeks.
- Spread over flattened tenderloin, then roll lengthwise, tucking in ends, keeping filling inside as much as possible
- Truss with twine, without squishing meat, just enough to hold together.
- Place in glass or ceramic pan "just to fit" and drizzle on all sides, turning, with olive oil.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 min. or until internal thermometer reading is just 160 degrees
- Remove from pan, and rest for 10 minutes on cutting board
- Carefully whisk flour into drippings in roasting pan
- Whisk in water, then wine and stir until well blended and let thicken slightly.
- Slice pork and drizzle with sauce from pan
- Serve with rice and a nice merlot or red zinfandel