Tacos Al PastorFrom latinfoodie 7 years ago
- 2lbs of pork steaks, or pork chops bones removed shopping list
- 1 1/4 tbs chile powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, I usually add more, but i like it w/a kick shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- about 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 tbs adobo sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/2 white onion coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup of orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup of natural pineapple juice(or use juice from canned pineapple, not the syrup, but natural juices) shopping list
- small pinch of ground cloves, becareful, a little goes a long way, when i say pinch i mean pinch! shopping list
- corn tortillas shopping list
- cabbage, diced small shopping list
- onion diced small shopping list
- cilantro diced small shopping list
- your favorite chile shopping list
- lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Chop up pork steaks or chops into a smaller chop, not too small, but not to big( kinda how meat is cut at the taco trucks, sorry if poor direction) mix all marinade ingredients together,add all ingredients for marinating to pork. toss well, and let marinade for at least two hours. Once ready, you can either cook on the stovetop, by adding to a sauce pan(with juices) and letting it cook until cooked, and juices are almost "dried out" add some cooking oil and let it slightly fry. OR you can also bake it, which is what i always do. I line a baking sheet with foil, or use a baking dish, lightly oiled. IF using the foil lined sheet, i brush or drizzle about 2 tbs oil so that it gets a "fry". I add the meat with the juices. Bake at 400 for about 20 mins, or until browned, and I like it kinda crisped, the foil might get crisped or kinda burned on the edges but thats because of the sugars in the juices. Just get a spatula and remove meat.
- Mix the cilantro, onion.
- On a griddle, heat hot. Lightly spray tortillas with a oil based cooking spray. And heat on the griddle, top with meat, and add cilantro and onion mix, cabbage, chile, and lemon.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cooklatinfoodie Somewhere, Dreamland
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!