Strawberry Bread CakeFrom marthacheves 6 years ago
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream shopping list
- 1 pkg (14 oz.) frozen, sliced strawberries, no sugar added shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbl. evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add 1/3 of flour mix, 1/3 of milk and 1/3 of sour cream to creamed mix.
- Continue adding until all flour, milk and sour cream are added.
- Spray a tube pan with non-stick spray.
- Spoon half of batter into pan (mixture will be thick)
- Evenly place 1/2 of the strawberries over the batter.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Glaze - Mix powdered sugar and evaporated milk
- Place hot cake onto platter.
- Fill center with remaining strawberries.
- Drizzle with glaze.
The Cookmarthacheves Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!