Cider Glazed Sweet Potatoes With CranberriesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1″ chunks shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed golden brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Boil sweet potatoes in large pot of salted water until halfway cooked about 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine cider, sugar, butter, nutmeg and allspice in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil stirring often then add potatoes and reduce heat so liquid is simmering.
- Cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally then add cranberries and cook 10 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender transfer to serving bowl with slotted spoon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then pour remaining glaze over sweet potatoes and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!