Chicken Rice and Lemon SoupFrom bojangles42 6 years ago
- 1 c diced celery shopping list
- 1 c diced carrots shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1.5 c diced or shredded chicken shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped green onion, white and green parts shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 teas oregano shopping list
- 1 T dried parsley shopping list
- 3 c. cooked rice shopping list
- 4 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1/4 c cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice shopping list
- slat and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot heat the olive oil.
- Add the celery, carrots, garlic, and onion. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, oregano, and parsley.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir the cornstarch into the evaporated skim milk to make a slurry.
- Stir the slurry into the and reheat to almost a boil and reduce or turn off heat.
- Add 1/2 the lemon juice and juice. Taste. Add more lemon juice if needed. We like a distinct lemon tang.
- Place a 1/2 cup of the rice in each bowl.
- Ladle the soup ove the rice and serve.
- I usually use a 1/4 inch dice on the vegetables for this soup. You can substitute a can of drained cannella beans for the chicken and vegetable stock for the chicken stock for a vegetarian version.