Chocolate Pudding Souffle CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- Pudding: shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 5 egg yolks shopping list
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 then grease a spring form pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering not boiling water.
- Stir until smooth then set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Separate 3 eggs and place yolks in large bowl and reserve whites.
- Add 3 whole eggs and 3/4 cup sugar to yolks then beat at high speed 3 minutes.
- Beat in chocolate mixture at low speed then beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Using clean beaters and a clean medium bowl beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff but not dry peaks form.
- Stir one third of the whites into chocolate mixture until blended then fold in remaining whites.
- Scrape into the prepared pan smoothing top then bake 50 minutes and transfer to rack to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm and prepare pudding.
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in medium heavy saucepan then whisk in cream.
- Bring to simmering over medium low heat stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk some of the cream mixture into egg yolks.
- Scrape yolk mixture back into saucepan then cook over very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Be careful not to boil then remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla until melted and smooth.
- Scrape pudding into a bowl then place plastic wrap directly on the surface.
- Refrigerate until cold and thickened at least 2 hours.
- To assemble remove sides of pan from cake.
- Using a serrated knife cut cake horizontally into 3 equal layers.
- Place 1 layer on serving plate and spread top with 3/4 cup pudding.
- Repeat with remaining cake layers and pudding then cover sides with pudding.
- Refrigerate cake until pudding is set.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!