Beef Tenderloin with Red WineFrom 22566 5 years ago
- 3 Pound beef tenderloin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper,freshly crushed shopping list
- For the cooking mixture: shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 Cup shallots,chopped fine shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups of Ruby Red Port shopping list
- 1 Cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Trim all fat from beef(my preference)
- Tie,if need be,place in shallow pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and crushed peppercorns.
- ~I like medium rare~
- Place in a 400 degree oven and roast for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove and cover with foil and let rest for about 20 minutes for the juices to return to the center.
- While the tenderloin is resting,place in skillet,2 tablespoons of butter,add the shallots,cook for about 2 minutes,stirring often.
- Add wine,cook about 5 minutes or until reduced some.
- Stir in the beef broth,heat until rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for about 12 minutes,stirring often,until this is reduced to 1 Cup,of richness.
- Beat in remaining 4 tablespoons of pure butter,1 tablespoon at a time,beating with a wire whisk.
- Beat in the 1/2 teaspoons of pepper.
- Slice and serve with the wine sauce.
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating5 people
Yum, another great post my friend, this sounds decadent. High 5chefmeow in Garland loved it
love tenderloin this way very tender and delicous high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
love red wine, love beef! we put it over garlic mashed potatoes. delicious!!ilvfd in beaver dam loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!