Steak Cheese And Jalapeno Chip SandwichFrom bojangles42 4 years ago
- 3 lb eye of round roast sliced very thin (8 slices per inch) Have your butcher slice it for your or partially freeze the roast and do it yourself. shopping list
- marinade shopping list
- 1/2 c soy sauce shopping list
- 12 oz regular Coke (not diet, the sugar substitutes will leave a bitter taste) shopping list
- 2 T sesame oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or sliced shopping list
- 1 teas ground cumin shopping list
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo finely minced shopping list
- 1 teas oregano shopping list
- 2 T honey shopping list
- 1 T vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 green onion sliced in 1/2 pieces, white and green parts shopping list
- 1 teas kosher salt shopping list
- 2 teas black cracked pepper shopping list
- cheese sauce shopping list
- 12 oz regular process cheese like Velvetta shopping list
- 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 c spicy ranch dressing (can use regular Ranch too or add 1/2 teas chili powder to reg Ranch) shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Deep fried jalapenos shopping list
- 4 fresh jalapenos sliced into thin rounds shopping list
- 1/2 c masa or corn meal shopping list
- 1 egg white beaten with 1 teas water shopping list
- 1/4 teas garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teas ground cumin shopping list
- a good pinch of oregano shopping list
- 2 teas salt shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- 6 hoagie rolls shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large, nonreactive bowl.
- Add the thinly sliced beef and marinade in the refrigerator overnight.
- Combine the ingredients for the cheese sauce and heat over med-low heat .
- Stir often until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Take off heat. This sauce can scorch easily.
- Heat 1" of oil in a deep frying pan to 350-360F
- Add the garlic, cumin, and oregano to the masa.
- Toss the jalapeno chips in the egg whites.
- Toss the jalapenos in the masa mixture
- Deep fry until golden and crispy.
- Remove to a paper towel and season with the salt.
- You will need to do two or three batches.
- Fire up the grill or heat a grill pan on the stove to a high heat.
- Grill the meat. It take 30-60 seconds per side. The meat will be very tender.
- Reheat the sauce
- You can chop the meat or leave it in slices
- Split a roll almost in half
- Pile on the meat
- Douse it in cheese sauce
- Pile on some jalapeno chips and enjoy.
- You can add sauted peppers, onions, and mushrooms too. I'm making 6 pounds of the meat for the supper bowl!
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
The Rating3 people
fantastic post love this sandwich High555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555 if that were possible thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Good heavens - what a great idea! I think the sandwich sounds awesome and I love the marinade - but how cool to make those crispy jalapeno chips. I think they just sound wonderful and I have a feeling I'll need to make extra of those lest they all ...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!