Bread Pudding with Chocolate Covered RaisinsFrom indicatorsrule1 8 years ago
- butter, melted shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups chopped croissants, cinnamon rolls, or bread pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate covered raisins, cherries, or cranberries shopping list
- 6 large eggs beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves (optional) shopping list
- whipped cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325. Brush an 8 x 8 inch pan with melted butter.
- Place bread pieces in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and toss lightly. Then sprinkle with chocolate covered fruit.
- In a separate bowl, mix beaten eggs with granulated sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, heavy cream and milk. Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours our until set. It should still jiggle.
- Brush with apricot preserves to glaze when hot from the oven.
- Serve hot or cold. Top with whipped cream.