Apple TurnoversFrom bonvittles 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pack of cream cheese (8 ounces), cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 3/4 cup firm butter (12 tbsp), cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp ice water shopping list
- 1 21 ounce can apple pie filling or topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet. Prepare cream cheese and butter.
- Stir flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Form pastry into a ball adding water if necessary to hold together.
- Roll out pastry ball and shape into a flattened pizza like circle on a floured surface. Cut into 8 even slices (mine aren’t even!). Cut each of the 8 slices in half and roll each piece into a ball and flatten to make 16 mini circles.
- Fill each mini pastry with about 2 1/2 tbsp of pie filling. Moisten edges of each circle and fold over to form a taco or burrito type shape. Place turnovers on baking sheet.
- Press edges with the tip of a fork dipped in flour. Pierce the top of each pastry once for ventilation. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Sugary Topping
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and milk in a small bowl. Drizzle or brush over the tops of turnovers and serve warm.
- - Use your hands or a mixer to fold butter & cream cheese into flour. I use my hands, it’s fun.
- - Cut or process apple pie filling if apples are too big.
- - Substitute apple pie filling with any filling of your choice.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookbonvittles Carbondale, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!