Lemon Sponge PieFrom iwannabachef 6 years ago
- 2 eggs, seperated shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour shopping list
- lemon zest of one medium lemon, approx. 2 heaping tsp. shopping list
- lemon juice from one medium lemon, approx. 1/4c shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp meringue powder (optional) shopping list
- 1 9 inch pie crust shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together, set aside
- In large bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, egg yolks, salt, meringue powder.
- Mix in sugar and butter.
- Fold egg whites into mixture
- Pour directly into pie pan
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. See Photo
- Serves approximately six to eight, depending on how big a slice you like! ;)