Fluffy White and Wild RiceFrom mbeards2 8 years ago
- ¼ cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 med onion, chopped shopping list
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 10 ½ oz condensed beef consomme’ shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ cup wild rice shopping list
- 1 cup regular long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups of water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In an ovenproof, medium skillet, over medium heat, heat butter or margarine, and cook the onion and mushrooms until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 2/3 cups of water, the undiluted consommé and salt; heat to boiling.
- Meanwhile, wash the wild rice well; drain.
- Stir rice and wild rice into the boiling mixture.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until the wild rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Toss mixture with a fork and serve.