Salami SausageFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 5 lbs. ground meat (I like to use 3 lbs. ground venison plus 2 lbs. of regular beef hamburger. If you would like to use all venison, you should add a little bit of ground beef fat, or the meat will be too dry). shopping list
- 5 heaping tsp. Mortons Tender Quick shopping list
- 3 1/2 tsp. mustard seed (this is the whole seed, not the ground type) shopping list
- 4 tsp. cracked black peppercorns shopping list
- 4 tsp. garlic salt shopping list
- 5 tsp. liquid smoke (I sometimes add a bit more, depends on how smoky you like it) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix everything together in a large bowl with your hands, mixing very well.
- Put meat mixture into plastic bags and refrigerate for 3 days.
- Knead the meat every day for a few minutes. On the 4th day, make the mixture into rolls (makes 4-5 rolls about 10 inches long and 3 inches in diameter).
- Bake on broiler pan or racks for 8 hours at 150-200 degrees. Turn every hour.
- Let cool, then refrigerate or freeze.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating3 people
This recipe sounds like a 'REAL MAN's'
"gone out in them there woods" to shoot some
'game' for my woman to cook up in a pan for me...
kind-of "5"FORK!!!!! creation!
All kidding aside...it does sound rather...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Wow, how interesting! Home-made salami! Very cool recipe! High 5 and thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!