Easy Sticky Buns From Barefoot ContessaFrom iwannabachef 8 years ago
- 12 tablespoons (1 & 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1 package (17.3 ounces/ 2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, defrosted shopping list
- FOR THE FILLING: shopping list
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed shopping list
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the 12 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of the mixture in each of the 12 muffin cups. Distribute the pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups on top of the butter and sugar mixture.
- Lightly flour a wooden board or stone surface. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry with the folds going left to right. Brush the whole sheet with half of the melted butter. Leaving a 1-inch border on the puff pastry, sprinkle each sheet with 1/3 cup of the brown sugar, 1½ teaspoons of the cinnamon, and ½ cup of the raisins. Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side down. Trim the ends of the roll about ½ inch and discard. Slice the roll in 6 equal pieces, each about 1½ inches wide. Place each piece, spiral side up, in 6 of the muffin cups. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry to make 12 sticky buns.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden to dark brown on top and firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes only, invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon) and cool completely.