Food Processor Whole Wheat BreadFrom ambimom 8 years ago
- 1 package dry yeast shopping list
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 3 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup unbleached white flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (Grade B if you can find it) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water shopping list
How to make it
- PROOF YEAST.: Add yeast packet to 1/3 cup water and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set aside. Foam should develop within 5 minutes or so. If yeast doesn't foam, discard and buy new yeast.
- FOOD PROCESSOR: Use dough blade (ceramic blade NOT metal). In mixing bowl, combine flours, salt, olive oil and maple syrup. Process for 30 to 40 seconds, scraping bowl as necessary.
- YEAST: Add yeast mixture to bowl. Process mixture while pouring the 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water through the feed tube.
- KNEAD DOUGH: Process until dough forms into ball. Keep processing for 2 to 3 minutes. If dough gets caught on blades, stop machine, scrape into mass and continue processing.
- FIRST RISE: Dough will be sticky and very elastic. Remove from bowl and place in WELL-OILED mixing bowl covered with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray or oiled. You can also place the dough in a WELL-OILED plastic storage bag. Dough should double in size in approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
- SHAPE: Punch down the dough and shape either into approximately 12 rolls or, one large loaf, or two smaller loaves. Place shaped dough in the well-oiled pan in which it will bake.
- SECOND RISE: Cover dough with oiled or sprayed plastic wrap for 45 minutes until it doubles in size again.
- BAKE: 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 40 minutes [check at 5 minute intervals), depending on your oven. Loaves should sound hollow when thumped with your finger. Remove from pan to cool. Enjoy!
The Cookambimom Fort Lee
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!