Lentil Sauce with Penne PastaFrom veggies_4_tamara 6 years ago
- 1 Tbs oil shopping list
- 1 lrg clove garlic, grated or mashed shopping list
- 1 lrg onion, in smallish dice shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1-1/4 C red/orange lentils shopping list
- 3 C water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp basil shopping list
- 1 - 14.5 oz Hunt's diced tomatoes in sauce shopping list
- 1 - 13.25 oz pkg Barilla Whole Grain penne (Cook according to pkg.) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute garlic, onion, salt and oil. (approx. 5 min)
- Add lentils, water, oregano, basil to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Stir in canned tomatoes in sauce, simmer additional 20 min.
- Lentil sauce should be thick like a thin milk shake. Add water if necessary, or remove cover and simmer slowly until texture is achieved. (adapted from American Wholefoods Cuisine)