Spinach and Chicken PieFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 lg. onion,chopped shopping list
- 21/4lbs ground chicken shopping list
- 3 pkgs.(10 oz .ea.)frozen chopped spinack,thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 11/2tsp salt shopping list
- 1tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1.2tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 11/2c (12 oz.) crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 4 eggs,lightly beaten shopping list
- 1Tbs chopped, fresh oregano shopping list
- 8 sheets(18x13") phyllo dough,thawed,halved crosswise(13x9") shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 . Coat 13x9" baking pan with spray. Melt butter in large skillet over high heat. Add onion and reduceheat to med.;cook 5 mins. Add chicken and cook 8 mins,until no longer pink. Add spinach,salt,pepper,nutmeg and red pepper flakes;cook 5 mins. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in cheeses,eggs and oregano.
- Place 1/2 sheet of phyllo in bottom of pan. Coat with spray. Repeat wit 7 more half sheets,coating each.Spread spinach mixture over the top. Repeat with remaining 8 half sheets. Cut top layer into 8 equal pieces.
- Bake at 375 for 45 mins.,until top os brown. Recut to serve.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
I like the addition of the chicken in this wonderful spinach pie.It will go fast so I better double the recipe.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
Sounds easy and great tasting, just what I like..:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
love this one! saving to try!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it