Soft Taco BakeFrom glamis_dust_bunny 6 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion - diced shopping list
- 1 can black beans, rinse and drain shopping list
- 1 package of mexican style grated cheese shopping list
- 1 pack of McCormick enchilada sauce - prepared following instructions on back of pack. (you will need an 8oz can of tomato sauce) shopping list
- 1 pack of McCormick taco seasoning - follow directions on back. shopping list
- 4 flour tortillas - 6-8" shopping list
- 1 small can of sliced olives shopping list
- Garnish with green onion, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, & tomato (all optional) shopping list
How to make it
- If you have a round cake pan, or a deep dish pie pan this works well for this recipe, if you don't then a 8x8 pan will work just fine also.
- Saute onion in a bit of oil add ground beef cook until brown, drain, add package of McCormick taco seasoning, cook according to package. Set aside.
- Make Enchilada sauce according to package. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- To assemble--
- Place one tortilla in bottom of desired pan, spoon on about 1/2 c of ground beef, 1/4 c of black beans, grated cheese, sprinkle of olives, and 1/4 c of enchilada sauce. continue for the next 3 layers. Layer last tortilla and top with remaining enchilada sauce, cheese and olives.
- Bake 15-25 min or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Top with garnishments- I prefer lettuce, tomato, sour cream and a dash of taco sauce.
- Serve with your favorite spanish rice. YUM!
- Variation- add a small can of diced chilies to ground beef mixture.