Italian Market Pasta SaladFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 4 ounces packaged dry mafalda, large bow tie, or campanelle pasta shopping list
- 6 cups mesclun or other spring greens shopping list
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola, blue, or feta cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- If using mafalda, break into irregular pieces, 2 to 3 inches long. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- In a large salad bowl, combine cooked pasta, mesclun or other spring greens, tomatoes, and cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, tossing to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Divide salad evenly among four dinner plates. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Makes 4 LARGE main course servings.