Corn And Tomato Pasta SaladFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups bow-tie pasta shopping list
- 2 fresh ears of corn or 1 cup whole kernel frozen corn shopping list
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (about 3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pesto shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- Romaine leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- Snipped fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, rinse in cold water, and drain again. Meanwhile, if using fresh corn, cut the kernels off the cobs. Cook corn, covered, in boiling water for 10 minutes or until corn is tender; drain. (If using frozen corn, cook according to package directions; drain.) Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, corn, chicken, and tomato. In a screw-top jar combine the olive oil, vinegar, pesto, chicken broth or water, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, line a serving platter with romaine leaves. Arrange salad on romaine leaves. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and basil over top.