Croissant Bread PuddingFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, Half and Half, sugar and vanilla.
- Set custard mixture aside.
- Slice croissant in half horizontally and place bottoms in a 10x15x2" buttered baking dish.
- Add raisins.
- Then add the croissant tops.
- Pour custard over the croissants and allow to soak for 10 minutes, pressing down gently.
- Place pan in a larger pan with an inch of hot water in it.
- Cover the larger pan with foil, tenting the foil so it doesn't touch the custard.
- Cut a few holes in foil to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 40 to 45 minutes more OR until pudding puffs up and the custard is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
Omg!! lorraine this sounds and looks so good .....amazing what you can do with bread of any type !!!
what a great idea with croissants so delicate and buttery and light .......yum
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
"5"FORK!!!!! 'Valentine' Brunch Treat (^_^)~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
WOW, This sounds so good, I'm drooling just looking at the picture.....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it