Eat For Eight Bucks Pasta with Pea SauceFrom lacrenshaw 4 years ago
How to make it
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet over low heat and gently sweat shallots until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are softened and vibrantly green, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender of food processor.
- Add cream and puree until smooth.
- Place a sieve over a small saucepan.
- Pour the pea puree into the sieve, pushing it through with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Discard solids.
- Over a low flame, warm the puree through.
- Remove from heat and season well with salt and pepper.
- A pinch of nutmeg will accentuate the sweetness of the peas.
- Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce.
- Serve topped with crisp prosciutto sprinkled over the pasta.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
sounds good to me too.choclytcandy in loved it
Thanks sounds like a great recipe....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Wow,what a great idea!They look pretty yummy too!Thanks Lorraine.ambus in Lahore loved it