Tamarind RiceFrom raushni 8 years ago
- 2 cups rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup tamarind juice shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp jaggery powder shopping list
- 1 tsp fenugreek shopping list
- a pinch of asafoetida shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp chickpea shopping list
- 6 red chilly shopping list
- 100 gms sesame oil(as needed) shopping list
- a bunch of curry leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Pressure Cook the rice and spread on a plate. keep aside.
- Heat the non-stick skillet add fenugreek and asafoetida dry fry (without oil) for a minute.
- Grind this into a fine powder. Set aside.
- To the tamarind juice add salt, turmeric powder, jaggery, ground powder of fenugreek and asafoetida.
- Fry mustard, red chillies, channa dhal, peanuts and curry leaves in sesame oil.
- Pour into the tamarind juice mixture.
- Boil tamarind juice till it reaches thick gravy form and until oil comes out with good flavour.
- Add cooked tamarind gravy to the rice.
- Pour in 1 tsp. of oil, if needed. Mix well and serve.