Broiled Chicken Breast with Cilantro SalsaFrom tamii 7 years ago
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, divided shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced (more or less according to taste..I used a whole and it was not spicy at all!) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional) I did not use these when I tried this recipe, and it was still absolutely delicious! shopping list
How to make it
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Brush chicken wiht 2 tablespoons lime juice. Place on prepared pan. Sprinkle with black pepper; set aside. ( I sprinkled, in addition to the pepper, onion and garlic seasoning) I made sure it marinated for a minimum of 5 minutes
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, cilantro, onions, jalapeno pepper and pine nuts (if using) in small bowl; set aside.
- Broil chicken 1-2 inches from heat 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve with cilantro salsa. It took only 10 minutes when I cooked my dish!