Chicken In Red Curry Coconut SauceFrom rottman 7 years ago
- 3-4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 medium onion, quartered shopping list
- 2 cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares shopping list
- 1 cup sugar peas shopping list
- 3 Tb oil shopping list
- 1 pkg Taste of Thai red curry paste shopping list
- cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the ingredients before hand and set aside.
- Brown the chicken pieces in the oil. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, clove, carrot and sugar peas. Saute for 5 minutes, or until onion begins to separate.
- Add pepper pieces and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Squeeze about 1/2 of the package of Red Curry paste into the hot skillet. Stir to smooth over the pan. When it begins to bubble, add the coconut milk and blend until an even color is obtained. Add the vegetables and the chicken to the skillet, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Note: Once you've fixed this dish, you will get a good handle on how much curry paste to use next time. It can be quite spicy, so I recommend you begin with about 1/2 packet and work up from there if needed.