Unbeatable Navajo Corn CakesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups corn kernels shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- salsa for garnish shopping list
- Sliced avocado for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together egg, milk, sour cream and honey.
- Pour into dry mixture and stir to blend then gently stir in corn.
- Heat large heavy skillet over medium high heat and pour in oil to 1/4" depth.
- Drop batter 1/4 cup at a time into pan and fry until well browned and crisp on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels then serve topped with salsa and sliced avocado.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!