Monte Cristo French ToastFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 3 eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar firmly packed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 slices thick country-style bread or shopping list
- 8 thin slices ham shopping list
- 4 thin slices gruyere cheese shopping list
- 8 teaspoons orange apricot marmalade shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, nutmeg, brown sugar and salt until blended.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish then set aside.
- Carefully cut a horizontal slit on one long side of each bread slice to create a pocket.
- Keeping the other three sides intact.
- Stuff each with 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheese and 2 teaspoons marmalade.
- Gently press down on the bread.
- Place the bread in the egg mixture and soak for 30 seconds per side.
- Place the bread on the preheated panini maker and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with marmalade.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!