Beef bean and avocado tacosFrom aussie_meat_pie 5 years ago
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 400g minced beef shopping list
- 2 Tsp tomato paste shopping list
- 2 Tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 2 Tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 x 440g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained shopping list
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken, beef or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 small avocado, diced shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice shopping list
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce (optional) shopping list
- 8 taco shells or flour tortillas shopping list
- shredded lettuce, lime wedges, to serve shopping list
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped coriander (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200 d C or 180 d C fan or grill to hot. Heat half of oil in a large frying pan on high. Add onion and cook, stirring, for about 5 mins, until golden. Add beef mince and cook for 5 mins, stirring to break up lumps, until no longer pink. Add tomato paste, 1 tsp ground coriander and 1 tsp ground cumin, and cook for 1 minute. Add beans and stock and season to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer gently for about 10 mins, until mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado and tomato in a bowl. Stir through lime and lemon juice, remaining oil, Tabasco sauce and remaining ground cumin and coriander. Season to taste. Place taco shells in oven or under grill for a few mins, until warm.
- Divide shredded lettuce between taco shells and top with mince and bean mix. Top with a spoonful of avocado salsa and a sprinkle of chopped coriander, if using. If using flour tortillas, fold each into a pocket to eat. Serve with lemon wedges.