Broiled Ginger ChickenFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 chicken legs with thighs shopping list
- 4 small garlic cloves shopping list
- 4 ounces fresh ginger cut into 1/4" slices shopping list
- Grated peel of 1 large lemon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil shopping list
- Fresh cilantro sprigs shopping list
- 4 lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Use very sharp knife to score chicken skin diagonally spacing cuts 1/4" apart.
- Arrange chicken in single layer skin side up in baking dish.
- With machine running drop garlic and ginger through feed tube of food processor and mince. Mix in lemon peel, salt and pepper then add cilantro and mince finely.
- Blend in juice and vinegar then add oil in thin stream through feed tube with machine running.
- Rub mixture over both sides of chicken then set aside for 3 hours.
- Grease broiler pan and position 4” from heat source and preheat broiler.
- Transfer chicken to heated pan then broil 15 minutes per side.
- Turn chicken skin side up during last 3 minutes and brush with any remaining sauce.
- Transfer chicken to a warm platter and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges and serve immediately.