Baked Hot ChocolateFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
How to make it
- Position rack in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange 8-ounce ovenproof mugs or ramekins in a baking dish.
- Place chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over gently simmering water.
- Whisk occasionally until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir the eggs and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer; then set over the simmering water and stir until warm to the touch.
- Place bowl on mixer and use whisk attachment to beat for 3 to 5 minutes OR until light and fluffy.
- Remove from mixer and fold the eggs into the chocolate mixture until it is light and smooth.
- Spoon batter into cups.
- Add enough very hot water to baking pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The baked hot chocolates will be done when the tops lose their glossy finish.
- A wooden skewer inserted in the top will emerge clean, but batter toward bottom of the cup will still be very moist.
- Carefully remove cups from the pan.
- The cakes can be served warm, at room temperature or covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day.
- To re-heat, bring to room temperature and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes OR until warm.
- Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating11 people
Wow....sounds rich and delish! Thanks for sharing.kimmer in Dunedin loved it
Sounds awesome! Thanks for the post!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
This is going to be bad but I am going to save this lol, it sounds delicous =Daussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it