African Banana and Peanut CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 large bananas peeled and mashed shopping list
- 1 cup salted peanuts divided coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy then beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.
- Scrape batter into well greased loaf pan then sprinkle top evenly with remaining peanuts.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes then cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and let sit overnight before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!