Creme de PiroulineFrom domesticdiva0001 5 years ago
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5/8 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 4 ounces finely chopped bittersweet shopping list
- chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, flour and salt. Make a well in the center, and add melted butter, egg whites, heavy cream and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with vegetable oil spray or shortening. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of dough onto one of the prepared baking sheets. Using the back of a spoon, spread the batter into a very thin 6x3 1/2 inch oval. Make as many as 4 per baking sheet.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, or until the edges are turning brown. Using a long metal knife or spatula, remove from the baking sheet to a clean surface. Use a chopstick or thin wooden dowel to roll the cookie up starting at the long side. If cookies get too stiff to roll, place them back in the oven for about 30 seconds. Prepare the second sheet while the first is baking. Continue baking and shaping cookies until batter is used up. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl over simmering water, combine the chocolate, corn syrup and remaining 1/4 cup butter. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly. Dip about 1 inch of the end of each cookie into the chocolate sauce. Allow the cookies to set up on waxed paper