Bang Bang chickenFrom bojangles42 8 years ago
- 1 c. + 2 T roasted peanuts (not dry roasted) shopping list
- 2 T chili oil shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic (6 & ) shopping list
- 2' of fresh ginger peeled and sliced into 4 pieces shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems and leaves shopping list
- 1/2 c soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c sesame oil shopping list
- 1/3 c honey shopping list
- 2 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cucumber sliced into 3" match sticks shopping list
- 4 oz bean thread noodles shopping list
- 1 carrot julienned shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced on bias 1/2" shopping list
How to make it
- Put 6 cups of water in a medium pot , add 4 cloves of garlic (just crush them with the side of a knive) and the ginger.
- Bring to a boil
- Add the chicken breasts, cover and turn off the heat. Let stand for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and pull the meat apart into bit sized pieces.
- In a food processor add 1 cup peanuts, 6 cloves garlic, the cilantro, soy sauce, chili oil, sesame oil, and honey. Process until smooth. Reserve.
- Soak the bean thread noodle in hot tap water for 15 minute. Remove, drain and pile in the center of a serving plate. Pour the peanut sauce over the top (use your judgment of amount). Pile the cucumber and carrots around the bottom of the noodles and place the chicken on the top of the noodles. Coarsely chop the rest of the peanuts. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and green onion.