Vegetable and Nut CurryFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 3 Japanese eggplants or 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 2 small zucchini shopping list
- 2 ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 lb mushrooms ( such as button or cremini ) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry red or white wine shopping list
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp turmeric shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup nuts ( whole almonds or hazelnuts ) coarse chopped and toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Cut eggplant into chunks or cubes.
- Slice zucchinis 1/2 inch thick.
- Coarse chop tomatoes.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Mince garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pot except salt and pepper and nuts.
- Cook mixture on high heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the coarse chopped nuts to the mixture and stir and cook a few minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Serve curry over cooked brown or wild rice.
- Serves 4 to 6.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
Yet another lovely post from my friend, midge! My thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Quick N Easy121 members
From Middle Eastern Lands253 members
Good For Your Soul Food30 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Easy Casseroles28 members
Quick And Easy25 members
A Taste Of Eggplant64 members