Steak And MushroomsFrom baby_rei 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb. beef top sirloin steak ( 1 inch thick), cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided. shopping list
- 1 cup sliced onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced button mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup Burgundy, other red wine of lower- sodium beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and thyme. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet (try not to use cast iron skillet, it does not spread the heat around the pan evenly [most of the time]) over medium-high heat. Cook steaks 9 to minutes for medium- rare, turning once. Remove steaks; cover loosely with foil.
- Melt tbsp of the butter in same skillet over medium heat. Cook onions and carrots for 3 minutes or until onions are softened. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Increase heat to medium-heat or high. Add wine; boil until wine is reduced by half. Stir in remaining tbsp of butter. Spoon of steaks.