Jalapeno MayoFrom chefchristo 8 years ago
- 2 jalapenos shopping list
- 2 large whole fresh eggs shopping list
- 2 cups canola oil ( or really any vegetable oil. not olive oil!) shopping list
- 3 tbsp of fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of garlic ( fresh) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- juice of two limes (meduim sized) shopping list
How to make it
- De-seed jalapenos cut into small pieces
- squeeze limes
- combine jalapenos, juice, and cilantro into food processer puree smooth as possible
- season with salt and pepper
- remove and set aside, you dont have to rinse the mixer
- crack the two egg into the processer
- mix for 3-4 minutes, should be fluffy with lots of air bubbles
- with machine on full speed slowly(i repeat slowly. too fast it will break!)add oil
- when the two cups oil is properly emulsified mixture should be thick and creamy like mayonaise.
- important not to stop the machine while adding oil
- if mixture is not thick enough add more oil.
- combine jalapeno puree with mayo mix for 3-4 seconds
- mix with spatula and chill imediately
- jalapeno mayo DONE!
The Cookchefchristo Casper, WY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!