Linguine with Shrimp and LeeksFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound fresh linguine shopping list
- 4 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise and washed shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley (a generous handful) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the EVOO, the lemon peel, garlic and crushed red pepper; season with salt and black pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons EVOO, about two turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, season with salt and black pepper and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Push the leeks to the side of the pan, add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until pink and firm. Pour in the wine and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the pasta to the skillet; season with salt and black pepper. Add the parsley and toss.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!